Dear Staff, Residents, and Families,
Gov. Abbot’s recent announcement relaxing restrictions across Texas has led to many questions about how this may affect our clients, staff, and programs. The eased restrictions involve a very narrow segment of community business and at least for the near future, will have little effect on how our services are currently conducted.
As we continue to follow guidelines from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), we want to share the following clarifications:
• The Day programs ( Adult Activity Center, Adult Training and Employment Services) as well as day services at Willow River Farms will continue to remain closed until further notice.
• All visitors, including families, continue to be restricted at our community Independent Living Homes, HCS group homes, Cullen Residence Hall, as well as our homes at Willow River Homes, and clients are not to leave the group home/Cullen Residence Hall or their Community Independent Living apartments for non-essential outings to include visitation with their families at their family’s home. We are awaiting HHSC guidelines for safely lifting this restriction and will keep staff and families informed about this process.
• Behavioral services will continue to be provided via tele-health.
• Staff who are currently working remotely will continue to do so.
• Visitors are restricted to essential staff at all of our locations. Everyone must wear a mask in all buildings that has clients present at all times unless eating and drinking and must also practice social distancing guidelines; anyone entering buildings/homes at all locations will undergo a temperature check and screening upon arrival.
I greatly appreciate the efforts of all of our staff who continue caring for our clients during this challenging time. Your extra efforts to keep everyone healthy and safe have been very effective so far in minimizing the effect of the pandemic on our clients and each other.
Kevin R. Kern MPA, CDP, CALA
– Chief Operating Officer