Providing A caring environment for you to live
Residential Services at The Center for Pursuit offers a caring environment for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), autism, and other similar conditions to call home. Each is designed to support an individual’s personal goals and choices. Each promotes autonomy and independence while providing the personalized support our clients need to thrive.
ASSISTED LIVING PROGRAM
Assisted Living Program exemplifies our vision for all adults with IDD, autism, and other similar conditions to receive the support necessary to realize their personal potential. Clients in our Assisted Living Program demonstrate every day all that is possible when the right support is available. Participants in our Assisted Living Program live at Willow River Farms.
HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES (HCS)
HCS is a residential program designed for people who desire to live in full community integration. The service planning team ensures that each person receives the support needed to successfully manage day-to-day living. HCS is a program of choice. Individuals may choose among Supervised Living, Residential Support Services, Community First Choice, and Host Home Companion Care. The Center has a full complement of staff to provide our clients services in management, program coordination, social work, nursing, behavioral support, and residential administration.
The Center offers respite services to families and caregivers with both overnight and weekend care at our Willow River Farms location. In-Home supports are available through our Enrichment Services Program.
INDEPENDENT LIVING ACADEMY
The Independent Living Academy at The Center for Pursuit provides support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), autism, or similar conditions to live independently. Our program provides customized life planning, weekly visits, options for continued education, and community/peer support.
Customized Life Planning
- Each participant will develop a roadmap that will support their unique needs. It will include benchmarks and goals they would like to achieve for their desired independence. The plan will be reviewed periodically with their primary coach in their weekly visits to ensure they are progressing.
- Each participant will have a regular weekly visit to their home or a mutually agreed-upon location to assess their life plan and goals. Guidance will be given on living independently, cleanliness, organization, and future goals building the participant’s skills and confidence to manage their lives independently.
- Each participant will receive one free workshop to enhance their independent living skills from an array of classes covering money management, advocacy, civil engagement, emergency preparedness, social skills, and cooking. The courses are designed to enhance the participant to thrive independently.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in social activities, fun-filled outings, and engage on a counsel of their peers to foster a sense of community and support.
The program will provide life plan updates and status reports to the participants and their guardians (if applicable) to inform them of their progression.
WILLOW RIVER FARMS
Established in 1989, Willow River Farms encompasses 125 acres and features large cottage-style residences situated near the banks of the Brazos River in Brookshire. In this rural community, residents experience the satisfaction and pride that comes from meaningful and productive work while living semi- independently. This campus serves clients in both the ICF/IID and Assisted Living Programs.
- =ICF and Assisted Living units
- =Rural, family-style setting
- =24/7 support and nursing staff
- =Weekly on-site counseling
- =Vocational training
- =Three daily meals included
- =Group outings
- =On-site laundry facilities
- =Activities: swimming, bowling, bingo, movies, etc.
- =All utilities included
- =Cable and wifi in common areas
enroll in our Residential Services programs
For information on enrolling in our Residential Services programs, please visit
our admissions page.